In my recent post, I talked about chat platforms like Bing Chat and Google Brad, explaining what they are and why I think Google Brad has an advantage over Bing Chat.
However, there is a twist with the new AI features released by Microsoft Office 365 called Co-pilot and Google AI Workspace.
In the last few years, I have never seen any competition for Google from Microsoft. Google was the main monopoly in terms of search, and I even moved to Google Workspace because of the Google Ecosystem. But in 2023, the monopoly system was broken with Microsoft.
Microsoft Bing has been used by 100 million daily users, which was a big slap for Google. Users are using Bing Chat and ChatGPT for most of their searches and with the Open AI ChatGPT 4.0, which was just amazing compared to GPT3.5, which has much more advanced features.
Still, there were no updates from Google about their brand, and Microsoft was just taking over the Google Chrome users to Bing, which will be a threat to Google.
A couple of days back, Google announced their Google AI Workspace where using AI, you can:
- Draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
- Brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
- Bring your creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
- Go from raw data to insights and analysis via auto-completion, formula generation, and contextual categorization in Sheets
- Generate new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
- Enable workflows for getting things done in Chat
When I saw this update, it was mind-blowing, and this was a major chunk of the time people use when they are working, which was not creative. This makes teams work on something more creative and vital than writing thank-you emails to your manager or correcting grammar on your Docs and others.
The next day, Microsoft announced their Microsoft Office 365 Copilot AI workspace. This was the Microsoft version of Google AI Workspace with a more advanced co-pilot. Here I will not go into any techno side. If you need to check out Microsoft Office 365 Copilot from Microsoft, you can:
- Copilot in Word writes, edits, summarizes, rewrites, and creates drafts.
- Copilot in Excel helps analyze, explore your data, and correlations, propose what-if scenarios and suggest new formulas.
- Copilot in PowerPoint turns your ideas into stunning presentations, transforms existing written documents into decks complete with speaker notes and sources, or starts a new presentation from a simple prompt or outline.
- Copilot in Outlook drafts, replies, summarizes, and prioritizes your emails.
But here comes the trick ⚠️🧯
AI start-ups you are in big trouble. Need to stop and rethink again.To all AI start-ups who have been working tirelessly for months, I have a message for you: Google, Microsoft, and Apple are coming for you. They will kill your company and makes you to live the markert.
In the market, the demand for Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365 was somewhat similar, and these are the main two players. So with this new AI added to their spaces, this was a bit challenging for the companies to decide whom they need to work with, and this makes even Google dance.
Generic people 🧑🤝🧑who are not that tech (AI) concerned also say that Microsoft was better with AI, as everyone knows that they are working with the world’s best AI company.
So this made Google lose its market, but Google has built its market with general people like me and others. Most Android users use Gmail, Docs, and Sheets as the default app of choice, and if in the future, Google goes to their non-workspace, then it can have many more users, and Google needs to think about how to make money from that.
— ** —
Hey, I have been working on an upcoming blog post that looks scary😨⚠️, and it is for all the AI startups. Many companies have come into existence in less than a quarter of a year, and by the next quarter, you may be closing your business. Google and Microsoft are coming to kill your company.